Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Comin' Home

'Comin' Home'
8x8" Oil on Canvas Panel
 
 


I have driven past this cabin and truck many times over the past twelve years, as we have driven to my family's cabin in the North Georgia Mountains.  I’m sure I am not the first, nor will I be the last, to take the opportunity to paint this beautiful piece of history. The owners must feel that the old cabin and rusty truck deserves to be experienced by travelers in the area, since they keep the grounds very well maintained.  I very much appreciate the efforts of the owners.  They have kept  a part of the area’s rich history intact, and as a result everyone who passes enjoys a glimpse of Georgia’s past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Freshen Up

 My art studio is in a small room upstairs in my townhouse.  I have to make room for new paintings, so I have launched a Studio Clearance Sa...